We will hold our November meeting at starting at 7:00 pm at the Ludlow Elks Club, 69 Chapin Street in Ludlow MA. The Fly tying demo portion of the meeting begins at 7:00. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting and always appreciate your support.
- Our October meeting was well attended with 14 members and 4 interested guests.
- Please welcome our new members James Carvalho, Tom Bankman, Kevin McClure and Clay Tsaursnik (sp)
- Treasurer’s report is available at the meeting. See Don Vacon.
- Our new club bylaws/Standard Rules are almost ready! Our president and secratary need to sign the copies and will have them for distribution at the meeting.
- The COVID Flu has thrown everyone off their regular schedules. If by some chance you have forgotten to make your current dues payment, (several members) you will be in Good Standing when you make payment. We ALL appreciate your support for our club.
- Please keep Manny DaSilva in your thoughts and prayers as he continues on the road to recovery from cancer.
** COVID UPDATES ON MEETINGS AT THE ELKS LODGE:
- We MUST all practice SOCIAL DISTANCING
- We MUST ALL WEAR MASKS or FACE SHIELDS
- Indoor gatherings at all venues and locations are limited to 25 people (we usually hit around
- 25 to 30)
- We will have sanitizer for all to use whenever you need or items are handled by more than one person.
- All meeting attendees must sign the ATTENDANCE LOG WITH NAME, AND CONTACT NUMBER
- ALSO, IF YOU’RE NOT FEELING WELL OR HAVE SOME DOUBTS ABOUT YOUR CONDITION—Please consider seeking medical attention or staying home.
Fly Tying Demo: Dan will be demonstrating the following flys at our meeting on Monday night beginning before the scheduled meeting. As always, THANK YOU DAN for all your amazing support.
Hook- DAIICHI 1640 16-20
Thread- black 8/0 UNI
Body – COATES & CLARK THREAD NO. 454 A Summer Brown (Available at Walmart or Joanne’s )
DEER HAIR CADDIS
Hook – standard dry fly hook12-24
Thread – 6/0 uni tan Body – Tan , grey dubbing ( I like Wapsi Dark Tan synthetic )
Wing – fine deer hair ( On northern deer its the hair from the mask)